Thursday, October 4, 2007

Bruises That Won't Heal

Congratulations to Mr. Andrew Tuegel for correctly naming "All Along the Watchtower" by Bob Dylan and assorted others as the Tuesday Song of the Day.
I'm pretty sure that yesterday's 1-0 loss to Marseille at Anfield was the poorest showing that I have seen from Liverpool since I started following the Reds. I don't think it produced the same sinking feeling that currently inhabits the bodies of all Mets fans, but it is always disappointing to see your team put in a performance that is obviously far below their collective ability. Here's hoping that they play much better in Sunday's match against Tottenham Hotspur and that the Sports Guy actually begins to acknowledge the fact that he picked Tottenham as his Premiership club. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

In today's edition of reasons why European football continues to fascinate me, I submit the Oscar-worthy acting performance of A.C. Milan goalkeeper, Dida, after his encounter with a delirious Glasgow Celtic supporter at the conclusion of Celtic's stunning 2-1 victory over the Rossoneri in Glasgow. I'm practically begging you to watch this video for one of the most stunning, "Hey, I was just made to look really foolish. What should I do? Maybe I'll just fall down as though I've been cold-cocked with a sledgehammer" moments.



Dida incident vs Celtic
Uploaded by fwoman

Now, you should know that the supporter has been banned for life from any Celtic home matches, and I don't condone supporters coming on the field, but Dida being carried off on a stretcher after that "crippling" blow? I've seen better acting from the cast in Weekend at Bernie's.



Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

That is the weakest fall I have ever seen in soccer.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

Ditto, Patrick. My nomination for second place in the "Terrible actor/Pro Soccer Player" standings is Chelsea's Didier Drogba, and apparently I'm not the only one who thinks Drogba falls a lot:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ik1oYJ1QEbQ

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Luke,

After watching that video I've never been more proud to call myself a Liverpool FC supporter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home