Friday, August 24, 2007

We Don't Have Money, So We Can't Lose It

Congratulations to my Dad, Danny Scott, for correctly naming "Crazy as a Loon" by John Prine as the Wednesday Song of the Day.

I've returned to Waco after spending the past two days in the Key City visiting some good friends as well as the sister. Not that my sister is not a good friend, but I felt as though she deserved her own categorical mention exclusive of simply the friend category. Sorry for the digression, I'm just trying to maintain familial harmony.

I was as shocked as all of you at the Rangers' mammoth performance on Wednesday night, but I'm pretty sure I was not nearly as fired up about it as Tim Kurkjian. If you want to hear what it sounds like when a middle-aged baseball writer becomes so excited about his subject that he reverts to imitations of a young, gangly teen going through puberty, please, please watch the following video.

Also, I'm pretty sure that for a few of my friends who shall go nameles (coughColeGriffithcough), the following video capturing the fervor of one pro-wrestling fan probably strikes a little bit too close to home:


On a more serious note, Max Boot of the Council on Foreign Relations authored a very interesting Op-Ed piece in today's Wall Street Journal. Mr. Boot explores President Bush's recent speech to the Veterans of Foreign Wars in which the President warned that a withdrawal from Iraq would result in the same problems that engulfed Vietnam after the United States withdrew from Southeast Asia in the early 1970's.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Yee said...

I heard that that "Anchorwoman" show has already been cancelled, after only one episode. It was also named as one of the events of the past year that worked most against feminism by the Dallas Morning News in a bit about the anniversary of universal suffrage.

I guess Texans will have to be happy with their "Dallas" and "Walker, Texas Ranger" fame...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home