Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's Also a Thought that Changed the World

Much thanks to Ben G. and Mrs. Yee for their thoughts on Bear Grylles and "Man v. Wild". I'm glad to be able to resume writing and reading the thoughts of others in response to that writing. One of my favorite aspects of this medium is the ability to dissect various topics that range from the inane to the eternal. It's good to be back.

I would be remiss if I did not provide a link to a blog that my friend, Jeff Giddens, began last month. During my time at ACU, one of the most rewarding ministries that I was able to serve in was what we simply called "Devo". Jeff was one of the catalysts behind that gathering and I am thankful to call him a friend.

In other news worth noting, Mr. Cody Girod has announced his English Premier League loyalties will lie with.............Newcastle United. Yes, that's right, he's decided to place his support behind the squad from the North. Apparently Cody was dissuaded from supporting the Reds because he did not want to promote the appearance that he was simply following in my Steven Gerrard-loving footsteps. If there's anything that I can respect, it is someone who is able to choose their own loyalties without simply parroting others, whether that pertains to bands, political candidates, movies, deodorants, or sports franchises. Cody, I salute you.


Now that I've disposed with diplomatic niceties, I'll sling a little mud. You might wonder why I chose the above picture in my post about Newcastle United. Well, here's the skinny. During a 2005 match, two Newcastle players got into a fight, not with the opposition mind you, but with each other, which resulted in each player receiving a red-card and being kicked out of the match. Yet another reason why I love English football.

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Poseur said...

Anything is better than rooting for Man U. So well done.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there were rumors that the two players involved in the scuffle might actually be reunited in newcastle but i think one of the bids failed. for shame. tuegel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home