Monday, August 20, 2007

Been Fooled Again, The Search Continues

As your source for all things Liverpool FC, I feel obligated to weigh in on the match with Chelsea yesterday. The match featured a tremendous home debut goal from Fernando Torres that you can see here:

Impressive, huh? Well, after something that great it had to go downhill somehow, but the Reds faithful didn't expect the disappointment to come in the form of a bogus penalty call. I realize I am somewhat, okay, highly biased on the subject, but if you don't believe me, just watch this Oscar-worthy acting performance from newly signed Frenchmen Florent Malouda. (The video is pretty grainy, but it's the best I could find. Sorry.)

I would put a Tim Donaghy reference in here somewhere, but Referee Rob Styles' call was apparently so bad that the English Football Association has suspended him for a match. Also, I just wouldn't be the internet if I didn't use this space to spread vitriol and inane conspiracy theories related to match-fixing.

With all of that said, the Reds looked excellent yesterday and it's hard not to start preparing for special things to happen this year at Anfield.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home