Sunday, January 7, 2007

I Took a Moment From My Day and Wrapped It Up in Things You Say

Congratulations to Mr. Jeremy Masten for naming "My Name is Jonas" as Wednesday's Song of the Day.


Well, I'm back in the 254. My time on Highway 31 was enjoyable, except for that short stretch of Hades known as Corsicana, and I returned the Land of the Bear this afternoon.


I guess graduating fairly recently has caused me to think more about this, but one of the most interesting things in our lives is how we stay connected, or lose contact, with people as we make these transitions and adaptations in our journey. Last night, I had the opportunity and honor to participate in the wedding of my good friends Adam and Rachel (Henderson) Smith.


I've known Adam since we stood by each other in the 3rd grade class play as penguins and I've known Rachel since the 4th grade, when she hated me for making fun of her then best friend. I posted the picture below because the 7 of us have known each other since elementary school and have seen each other grow through the years to remain close friends, even though we have all moved to different careers, schools, and cities. I'm thankful for friends that I do not have to say goodbye to when I leave. I only need to say, "I'll see you later."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Tim Henderson said...

And what is your present relationship to noted best friend?

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Justin said...

I was referring to Christy Gower. Who are you talking about Tim?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home