Thursday, February 23, 2006

With Love We Will Survive

Congratulations again to Teresa for naming "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen, et al. as the Wednesday Song of the Day.

On some days, it would be enough to comment on the Port controversy or the Steve Francis trade, but this is not one of those days.

Some days, I have thoughts and feelings inside of me that are impossible to put into words. In my mind, they are so good and so deep that if I were somehow able to verbalize them, I would be cheapening them in some unforgivable way.

Out of the myriad of metaphors that we have created for life, my favorites are those that point to life as a journey. As I continue to learn and grow, the true joy of life is not found in accomplishing goals or checking tasks of a personal to-do list, but in the lessons that are learned along the way. As I move closer to God, I am continually reminded of how far I have to go before I become who I want to be.

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Mason said...

Dallas' own Flickerstick, With Love (We will survive). And a Jim Ross reference kicks off the return of blog updates for me. enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home