Saturday, February 11, 2006

I Thought It Less Like a Lake and More Like a Moat.

Congratulations to Ms. Ashley Mize for naming "Swallowed in the Sea" by Coldplay as the Friday Song of the Day.

I've heard many times that we should maximize our strengths and minimize our weaknesses, but there are some things that I am just plain terrible at doing. One of those things happens to be making Sing Song costumes. When I am putting it together, I just want to make sure that it is going to stay on me during the show and not stand out too much, but I'm not worried about winning any awards.

It is easy for me to slip by doing just enough to get by when I am doing things that I am not passionate about, but what kind of attitude is that? I think everyone should devote their lives to doing things that we are passionate about, but as is the case in an imperfect world, we often find ourselves doing things that do not capture our heart and mind. Should we simply allow what looks like justified apathy to allow us to do things half-heartedly or is there something else out there?

I believe there is. I believe that nothing is ordinary or meaningless in the kingdom of God. Each seemingly meaningless task or chore is an opportunity to learn a lesson or to connect with someone who is in our life for a brief period of time. This focus is part of my journey towards learning to savor each and every moment of the life that I have been given.

Be blessed in everything you do today, especially when you do not expect it.

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Transatlanticism" Death Cab for Cutie
-HNorm-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home