Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I Know This Room, I've Walked This Floor

Congratulations to Teresa for correctly naming "Crush" by Gavin DeGraw as the Monday Song of the Day.

Now that all of the Sing Song hubbub has died down it is time to turn to what is next in life. That seems to be how life is sometimes. After finishing something that consumes your time, you enjoy it for a little while before turning to what's next. There will always be something new to turn to, something new to cause growth, and something new to learn. That's why so much of life is about attitude.

With each new day I have the opportunity to decide how I will live that day. Not to decide everything that will happen to me, but to decide how I will react to what comes my way. It's often frustrating when I wake up in the morning deciding that I want to learn more of what it means to love those around me and it seems that some of the people I run into are bent on making that the hardest lesson I have ever learned.

In those moments I remember that I have so much to learn and so far to go, but I am not discouraged because I know that the truly important lessons in life are not learned in a day. Otherwise, they would not mean as much and they would not be lessons that change how I see the world. My prayer for tomorrow is that I will be open to what God has to teach me and what he has to show me. I'm so far from where I want to be, but I'm headed in the right direction.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger TKP said...

That would be "Hallelujah," written by Leonard Cohen and made very popular by Rufus Wainwright on the "Shrek" and "The L Word" soundtracks.

By the way, Japan rocks. You really should come visit. There's no Arthur, I promise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home