Friday, February 17, 2006

I Can’t Remember All the Times I Tried to Tell Myself to Hold On to These Moments as They Pass

It's hard sometimes, isn't it? You know that you are in a moment that you need to savor, but it seems contradictory to consciously slow down and savor or catalogue that moment when all you want is to live in the moment.

That's how this semester has been for me so far. I know that I am nearing the end of a significant part of my life and I need to be conscious of what is going on all around me, but sometimes I want to channel that energy in a different direction. Instead of always worrying about memories or legacy sometimes I just want to feel now.

I think that there is a middle ground. That is where I want to stand for the rest of my life. Knowing that I need to remember how my experiences have shaped and formed me, but not worrying about that so much that I cannot appreciate today for simply being today.

3 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

"A Long December," Counting Crows.

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This Year's Love" by David Gray. Also, can we refer to that as the Casey Bingham face ala sports guy style?

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This Year's Love" by David Gray. Also, can we refer to that as the Casey Bingham face ala sports guy style? Andrew Tuegel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home