Friday, April 22, 2005

A Vision That Was Planted in My Brain Still Remains

I don't think that life can get much better than walking out of chapel on a Friday surrounded by your friends, knowing that the sun is shining outside and school is almost out.

Probably the best decision that I have made so far in college was to pledge Gamma Sigs. I know that there are people out there who are social club detractors, and I can understand their reasons, but for it has been a truly life-changing experience for me. It has been of the first times in my life that I have truly been able to learn what it is to be part of something that is much bigger than myself. I know that people like Cole Griffith, Jeff McCain, Jon Bruner, Brandon Maenius, Jordan Gay, and others will be there when I get married, they will be the ones I call when my children are born, and I will call them when I am in very dark places during my life. I feel this kind of connection because I have been carried by these men and they have carried me. At the end of last semester and at the beginning of this one, when I did not know where I was going to go or who I could be vulnerable with, they were there and I will never forget that.

On a less serious note, today I was able to get Maurice Ager (Basketball Star from Michigan State), Erik Ainge (Nephew of Danny and Univ. of Tenn. QB), and Lee Melchionni (Duke Basketball Player) to be my friends on Facebook. I am still looking to reel in the big fish of J.J. Redick, but we shall see.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sounds of Silence" Simon and Garfunckle...early 70's as we recall. See you Monday. Dad and Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home