Wednesday, April 22, 2009

When There's Nothing to Give, How Can You Ask for More?

Since the graduation-type thing is still a week and a half away, I guess today is not technically the end of the law school journey, but the last day of class sure feels like a momentous occasion.

I went back and read my post from the first evening after classes begin in August '06, and I must say, it feels like that scene from the "Why We Fight" episode in Band of Brothers where Sergeant Perconte is talking to Private O'Keefe during their shift at a roadside checkpoint.

Private O'Keefe is fresh off of a transport ship from England. He's excited to be a part of the mission, and all he wants to do is kill some Germans. Private O'Keefe, I would like to introduce to Justin Scott-circa August 2006.

Sergeant Perconte is a little less enthused to be there in Germany, to say the least. Perconte's been in the service for 3 years, and the prospect of the mission has lost a significant part of its luster. More than anything, Sgt. Perconte wants a hot shower, hot chow, and a trip home.
Sgt. Perconte, I believe you recognize Justin Scott-circa April 2009.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Austin said...

Very appropriate analogy. Congrats.

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it might seem like a long three years to you but it has flown by for me. guess time flys the older you get. dad

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

I'm interested to see if you'll post some law school experience thoughts. I think I will. I have a week of class left, though.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Ben Grant said...

Congrats Justin! Joey, I have another week like you...can't get any motivation.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Ben,

It's good to hear from you all the way over in Macon. What are your plans after graduation?

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Ben Grant said...

I am headed back to Abilene, actually. My wife and I bought a house and she is already back there working and settling in. What are your plans? By the way, I will take BARBRI in Austin, where will you be?

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Ben,

I'm going to be working for a firm in Houston and taking BARBRI there as well.

A return to the Key City? Can we say: Future GSP sponsor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home