Friday, April 24, 2009

Some Things Are Too Hot to Touch, The Human Mind Can Only Stand So Much

It's been a bit heavy 'round these parts lately, and I think I've set a record for the most consecutive days with a military-related photograph, so on this beautiful Friday in late April, I'm giving you something that brings me a great deal of happiness.

When people ask me about my favorite band, I often feel as though I'm forced to promote Phish like a doctoral student conducting a thesis defense in front of a panel of experts. In the end, the music can be long, it can be rambling, and it can certainly be maddening. But when Phish hit the right portion of the jam on a song like "Down With Disease", it makes all of the minutes spent listening prior to that moment worth it.

Here's some instructions:
  1. Watch the video embedded above of "Down With Disease" from Phish's recent reunion show on March 8 in Hampton, VA.
  2. Click the HD button on the video for the proper effect.
  3. Listen to all 10 minutes and 1 seconds of the above video.
If you complete steps 1 through 3 and still want to tell me you could never understand how I could enjoy Phish, I understand.

If not, well, I guess we have what the Captain in Cool Hand Luke might call "a failure to communicate."

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Ben Grant said...

No failure to communicate here. I have always understood.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Ben Grant said...

Oh, and, have you heard of these guys "McLovins"? I read somewhere the guitar player is still in middle school. Crazy. When I was in middle school my goal was armpit hair. This kid is crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5E3iGtyX18

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Ben,

This might be blasphemous, but we may have found the next Trey.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Ben Grant said...

Trey, Jr. is good. I have to admit, though, that bassist might not be the next Mike. Not as funky as Gordo.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Mayor Girod said...

Look anyone who has had an apple pie or has a heartbeat has to respect Phish...

Take yourself to the next level with this though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5VFWA2YKdo

After the first minute you can see their musical souls flying around the room as david letterman wets himself..

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Harrison,

Somewhere Will Riggs is watching that video, and he is very, very jealous. Eat your heart out, Roo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home