Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Every Man and Woman Get Alive


I suppose I should cue up some sort of entrance music, but in lieu of any musical accompaniment there's only one thing to say:

Much like the Russian Army to Georgia, I have returned with a vengeance, my friends.

I kid, I kid, but nonetheless, after a week in Mexico and a week and a half exploring the American West, I'm back in the Lone Star State and ready for that third and final year of law school to start on the 25th.

Here's what to look for in the next few days:
  • Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and Arches National Park Re-caps (Woooooooooo!!!)
  • Liverpool's Champions League qualifying campaign begins today and the Premier League season begins on Saturday at Sunderland. Prepare your comments of derision in advance.
  • The Texas Rangers: The Most Entertaining Baseball Team that Will Almost Certainly Not Make the Playoffs?
  • Chinese Female Gymnasts: Olympic Champions or the Target Audience for Dora the Explorer?
  • Michael Phelps: Better Than Mark Spitz, or, more importantly, Better Than Everyone? Ever? Yes, even YOU.
  • John McCain and Barack Obama: Which Candidate has Successfully Integrated the Most Wind-Turbines Into His Campaign Commercials? Which Candidate Will Be the First to Ride a Wind Turbine in Tribute to the Deranged Pilot in Dr. Strangelove?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

dmb

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Jeremy Masten said...

Check it out. We have nothing to celebrate this week in Boston, except this.

I hope you like it.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

welcome back

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Ms. Pierce,

I believe I also need a song title per the Song of the Day Contest Rules.

Jeremy,

That story warmed my heart. The Rangers' sweep at the hands of the Sawx did not. The ecstasy and the agony.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home