Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Wish I Was As Fortunate, As Fortunate As Me

Congratulations to Mr. Stephen Olson a/k/a "Richtoria's Secret" for correctly naming "Backstreets" by Bruce Springsteen as the Tuesday Song of the Day. Given that this is Mr. Olson's second victory in the Song of the Day Contest, it would be an apt time to pass along my endorsement of his work over at Richtoria's Secret, which, if you love SEC football and puns utilizing the surname of the Georgia head football coach, you're going to love as well.

With those formalities taken care of, it is now time to place an All Points Bulletin on the interwebs for all readers of this blog who will be in or around the fair city of Abilene, Texas this Saturday. I'm passing through the Key City on my way to Mexico for a medical mission trip next week. As part of some bizarre tradition that I am much too young to influence, we will be dining at that pillar of the Abilene culinary experience known as the Towne (extra "e" for added pretentiousness) Crier Steakhouse.
I would love to have any and/or all of you there to share that meal with me. If you think you might be able to make it, just leave a note in the comments section or drop me an email at Justin_Scott@baylor.edu. After all, what better way to spend a Saturday lunch than a meal at a middle of the road West Texas dining establishment.
Finally, if you think I'm paying for any of you, disabuse yourselves of that notion immediately.

Current Reading
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace...One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Ever tried Cahoots?

It's always fun to answer someone's phone call / text / other communique with, "I'm in Cahoots with Justin."

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Prosso said...

Pearl Jam, Yield. This had that simple guitar riff. The C to F to C thing. Eddie Vedder's Into the WIld stuff is pretty awesome.

I'll be in the Key City this weekend. Don't forget me, broheim.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

You better call me when you're in Abilene. And you better have a fiery opinion on the issue of 50 year old women playing professional basketball.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Alan,

Shockingly enough, in my 4 years in the Key City I never passed through the threshold of Cahoots for a true West Texas catfish experience, and to tell you the truth, it's probably not going to happen on Saturday.

Halbey and Luke,

Calls will be forthcoming on Saturday when I'm making my way towards the Mecca that is Abilene, Texas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home