Monday, May 12, 2008

Your Destiny May Keep You Warm

Congratulations to Mr. Ben Grant for correctly naming "Kissing the Lipless" by The Shins as the Friday Song of the Day.

The past few days have been quite busy going from Tyler to Abilene on Friday (to see my sister graduate. Congrats once again, Katie), Abilene to Belton on Saturday, and Belton to Houston yesterday. As you can see from the map located below, I'm going to be in enemy territory for the next 6 weeks, but as I told some friends last night at dinner, in the vein of the immortal "Summer of George" on Seinfeld, I'm declaring this the "Summer of Open-Mindedness".
Does that mean I'm committed to even entertaining the idea that I might become a 'Stros fan? Absolutely not. Would you respect me if decided to think about becoming an Osama Bin Laden fan either? I don't think so.

Overboard?

Possibly.

Am I taking it back under any circumstances?

Absolutely not.

Finally, I'm pleased to announce that fellow ACU alum and BLS co-conspirator Andrew Tuegel has returned to the blogosphere with No Genuine Issue of Material Fact. All of you will fondly remember that Mr. Tuegel formerly regaled the interwebs with his writings at Andrew in D.C., but after entering law school, Andrew has decided to enter the realm of summary judgment humor and English Premier League analysis.

If you can't laugh at that, well, I just don't know what to tell you.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Welcome to 'Stros territory. It's no hospitable land. If you're lucky, you might get a Ranger game or two on FSN. I knew a televised Ranger game would be rare occurrence last year when FSN opted to air women's collegiate softball over the Rangers.

By the way, I witnessed the Rangers future Friday when Frisco (READ: the team that beat the Rangers in a preseason exhibition) visited Corpus to play Corpus. While it wasn't pretty on this particular night, seeing our 19-year-old shortstop of the future and next year's likely first baseman was encouraging.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

overboard....yes.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Alan said...

But PLEASE, literally for the love of the game, go watch a game at "the juice box." It's one of the best places to watch a game.

You come out of miserable Houston summer heat into air conditioning, then, by the 7th inning, once the sun is over and the night air is cool, they crack the roof and all is well.

Figure out when the Rangers play there and go see 'em then.

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo. What are you in Houston for? I'm here for a few more weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home