Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Maybe Things Won't Be Better Than They Have Been


Despite what you might have learned in English III or Freshman Lit., George Orwell was not the creator of the "Big Brother" concept.

What's that, you say?

No, no, no. It was not the programming execs at the Columbia Broadcasting System either, you reality tv-addled junkies.

Instead, the creators of "Big Brother" were none other than the parents of noted sportswriter Jeff Pearlman. For those of you who do not yet know where babies come from, I'm going to spare you the details on how exactly that came to pass, but it suffices to say that Jeff Pearlman is the personification of the much desired quality of ubiquity.

It seems each time that I, or the genius behind The Jig and Twig, write a glowing review of a Pearlman book, he instantaneously appears from the ether of the interwebs to bestow blessings and kind words all around.

Now, you can tell me all about Google and other things that makes that type of appearing and vanishing act possible in the blink of an eye, but I believe Pearlman's the one that Orwell warned us about. The great all-seeing eye of the internet. Well, at this point it's either Pearlman or Al Gore, but I reserve the right to change my mind on that matter and many others.

I say all that to say this: Mr. Pearlman, if you happen to read this, I, along with my friends, would love to conduct a rudimentary interview with you to discern the basics of the writing business/process, establish the initial interview segment in the long, illustrious history of Running Down a Dream, and do a service to blog readers everywhere.

Jeff, the ball is, as they say, in your court.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see all, and am monitoring your content for the federal government's blogger task force ...

Feel free to hit me up @ anngold22@gmail.com ...

Jeff

PS: I heard what you said about me.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Austin said...

I love Jeff's writing, but he's really starting to freak me out a little bit.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Sammie said...

you crack me up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home