Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Wish I Was the Pedal Brake That You Depended On

Just when my level of amazement for technology begins to wane, things like this happen. After my post last Saturday about the book Love Me, Hate Me: Barry Bonds and the Making of An Antihero, I received an interesting email from someone who knows a little something about that book.

Barry Bonds?

Not likely. This family -friendly blog is a steroid-free zone, my friends.

No, it was Jeff Pearlman. Yes, he of the infamous John Rocker interview in Sports Illustrated. Yes, the same guy who wrote The Bad Guys Won, the upcoming Boys Will Be Boys on the 90's Cowboys dynasty, and the aforementioned Love Me, Hate Me, and yes, the same guy who could pass for a brother of Radiohead's Thom Yorke. That Jeff Pearlman.

It was just a quick note thanking me for blogging about Love Me, Hate Me, but after that, I'm sold on Pearlman. He didn't have to send me that kind of message, even if it only took him a few seconds to type. That's not to say that he's automatically gained entrance to the Running Down a Dream author-writer-columnist Hall-of-Fame, but with gestures like that, he's making a very strong case for himself.

With that said, I must also tell you that the ol' interwebs are really starting to freak me out.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

That's pretty spectacular.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger lance said...

Hey there Justin,
Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate you reading the Jig and Twig. It really means a lot. Best of luck on your blog, keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
Lance Agan
Co-Founder of the Jig and Twig Blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home