Thursday, April 10, 2008

Step Out the Front Door Like a Ghost Into the Fog

A Mighty Wind blew through Running Down a Dream today, and that wind goes by the name of the T.J. Hooper. You might know him a bit better as Mr. Andrew Shipp. In one of those ideas that seemed passably funny at the time, a fellow law student and I nicknamed Mr. Shipp "The T.J. Hooper" after a famous tugboat that was the subject of a case in Torts I.

Did you see what we did there?

Tugboat=Shipp.

Um, let's just move on from my memories of past failed attempts at humor.

As I said earlier, congratulations to Mr. Shipp for naming "Glycerine" by Bush as the Monday Song of the Day and "Up on Cripple Creek" by The Band as the Wednesday Song of the Day. I'll forgive all of you for not recognizing "Wishlist" by Pearl Jam as the Tuesday Song of the Day. You almost certainly saw photos depicting the Beautiful Game and closed your browser faster than Eliot Spitzer closed out his political career.* I can understand such a visceral reaction to the soccer photos, but I cannot forgive it, my dear readers.

Current Reading

Empire Falls by Richard Russo

*That's the last Spitzer joke. I think.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"where noone notices the contrast between white on white" Round Here, by the greatest band in the history of the universe. Counting Crows. (I think there are about seventy of them, crows, that is.)

I can't believe how many of these I have known recently.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Sammie said...

Bush and The Band are GREAT. that is all i stopped by to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home