Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Occupational Hazard Being My Occupation's Just Not Around

I was notified yesterday by an ardent fan of Running Down a Dream (yes, they exist) that I had not announced the winner for last week's Caption Contest, and lo and behold, I have neglected my duties to you, my ever faithful readership.

Fear not, for I come bearing one of those awards show envelopes containing the winner of last week's contest, who happens to be................Mr. Ryan Searcey. His winning submission for this photo:"I can't believe I screwed Searcey out of a victory in the Caption Contest last week in favor of that AGGIE Mike May. What in the hell have I done? I better go hide!"

Much thanks to the Editor-in-Chief of the Blahg, Mr. Joey Halbert, Mr. Ben Grant for their submissions. I also appreciated the hypothetical answer I received from Mr. Mike May.

This week's Caption Contest focuses on the momentous events which occurred yesterday. Sure, we can talk about that "Presidential Election/Primary" thing, but let's talk about something that has the ability to cause grown men (see: John Madden, Peter King, and the entire male population of Wisconsin) to weep like schoolgirls: The retirement of Brett Favre.

In honor of gritty, gutty #4, this week's photo takes you back to where it all began for Favre: the day he was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons after an illustrious career at the University of Southern Mississippi.My submission: "Yes sir, I would love to play for the Falcons. A $1,000,000 signing bonus? Gee, that's great. I can buy at least...............250 new pairs of jorts with that kind of cash. Thanks again, sir. Bye."

As always, place your submissions in the comments section, and best of luck to everyone. The Caption Contest runs through Sunday.

(Photo courtesy of the good folks at Deadspin)

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike M here


"that's right, mama. The man said $1 million dollars. Now you and pa can have that double wide you've always been dreamin' about."

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you just use the word "jorts"? Amazing...

--Kara

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Yes, I did.

I will even utilize it in another sentence to further develop the proper contextual use of the term.

"I was walking across campus the other day, and I saw Shane Spencer wearing a ridiculous pair of jorts in the middle of February."

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy Buffet- A pirate looks at 40- this is good sond, my friend.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Anonymous 3:07,

I need to know who you are so you can receive credit for naming such a great song, or sond, as you have put it.

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Prosso said...

"A deal with Wrangler? No, they're way too baggy. It's Girbaud or nothing. Yeah, make sure they know I shave my quads."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home