Tuesday, February 5, 2008

We Were Perfect When We Started

A few housekeeping matters on Super Tuesday...


Congratulations to Mr. Andrew Tuegel for correctly naming "Bad" from the U2 album The Unforgettable Fire as the Monday Song of the Day. Here's a great performance of the song from a Boston show during the 2001-portion of the "Elevation" Tour.


In the first-ever Running Down a Dream Caption Contest, Joseph Halbert won with his submission of "And that's when I threw up all over Rudy's. I mean EVERYWHERE." For those you who might wonder what Joey is talking about, he made an excellent reference to my frequent reguritation in the aftermath of the 2005 Austin Marathon. I probably scarred numerous people for life with my foolish decision to down 2 bottles of Fruit Punch Gatorade and 2 whole-wheat bagels immediately after finishing the race, but I did what I thought was best at the time. Look for the next Caption Contest tomorrow.

Current Reading--The Walk West: A Walk Across America 2 by Peter and Barbara Jenkins.

I've dubbed 2008 "The Year of Trying to Understand America" with the full understanding that this might be an impossible task that will lead to a myriad of contradictory conclusions, but in a Presidential election year, it seems like a worthwhile endeavor. If you have any books, movies, or television shows that you think might assist me in my quest, I would be glad to entertain your suggestions.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Cris said...

I would just like you to know that as I sit here and watch live results from Super Tuesday online, I find myself thinking "I wish Justin were sitting next to me so I could hear his commentary on the whole thing." Yes, this is what I do at night in Brazil.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Justin said...

I'm putting that on the next bumper-sticker: "Running Down a Dream: It's More Fun Than Carnaval!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home