Monday, January 28, 2008

How's It Going to Be When You Don't Know Me?

Congratulations to Ms. Cris Carpenter for correctly naming "How's it Going to Be?" by Third Eye Blind as the Monday Song of the Day. In honor of Cris, I will do my best to keep the content of this post out of the dreaded category of "lame".

I've written recently about the public relations battle that the Beijing 2008 Olympic Organizing Committee is currently waging, but today the hits just kept on coming.

Six workers have died building venues for the 2008 Beijing Olympics over the last five years, an acknowledgment Monday that came after a series of clarifications by a Chinese official. Ding Zhenkuan, deputy chief of Beijing's Municipal Bureau of Work Safety, initially told reporters no deaths had taken place at the 91,000-seat National Stadium, known as the "Bird's Nest" and the site for the opening and closing ceremonies.

He later said two died there and then added there were six worker deaths in total at all sites, without elaborating on the other four deaths.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Cris said...

Not lame at all. And I can't believe I know 2 songs of the day in the same day. I'll let your next reader win the prize, I've reveled in my own victory enough for the day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home