Monday, January 28, 2008

I Wonder, Is There Anything I'm Going to Miss?

Despite the fact that the following piece was drawn from The Sun (the leading English tabloid as well as the paper with the highest circulation of any English-language newspaper in the world), I must give credit to Mr. Andrew Tuegel for passing along: "Obama Forever Blowing Bubbles". If that headline seems a bit odd, let me explain.

Due to family connections in Britain, Obama apparently became a West Ham United supporter five years ago and continues to follow the Hammers as closely as possible given his current, ahem, obligations.

“He never really followed it, though, until he was told all about the passion of West Ham fans by some of his English relatives. He’s always keen to find out how his adopted club are getting on.”

Now, Obama's support of West Ham United is certainly not as enticing as if he, John McCain, or any other candidate were to reveal that they supported, oh say, Liverpool. That would be an automatic vote-clincher in my book. Nonetheless, a possible President who follows the Hammers is much more palatable than what you are about to read.

Rival Hillary, 60, has been linked with Man Utd after hubby Bill, the ex-President, revealed the Reds were his favourite team.

Yes, that's right, ladies and gentlemen, the Clintons support the English-version of the Evil Empire. Perhaps you disagree with the Clintons on policy matters or maybe it is more a visceral opposition to the return of "Billary", but I can tell you this: We do not need Man. U. supporters in the Oval Office.

Go forth and do what you must, faithful readers.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Cris said...

How's It Gonna Be? Third Eye Blind.

And just to comment on the content of your post...you are so lame. Greetings from Brazil!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Cris,

Um...thanks. I think.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Cris said...

Haha... You just published the political equivalent of my choosing sports teams based on which colors are prettiest. However, I don't actually do that. But if I did, I, too, would be lame. :)

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Wait a second, Ms. Carpenter. I never, never said that I was planning on voting for either of these candidates or that if I was going to, I would vote for either of them based simply on their affinity for a given club in the English Premier League.

With that said, the possibility that our Commander-in-Chief would support the Red Devils is an America that I don't want to see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home