Saturday, August 25, 2007

Listen but Don't Be Afraid

After a rather impromptu gathering of Trek staffers last night in Denton, I have returned to the Land of the Bear in preparation for classes beginning on Monday. I guess I just need to get some traveling out of my blood before I have to settle in for a little while here in Waco.

During my time in Denton, I was able to take in a fine, fine show by the South Austin Jug Band. For those of you who have never heard of the SAJB, as they are known to those who favor acronyms, just think of a little Nickel Creek mixed with some Old Crow Medicine Show, along with a side of Bob Wills. Trust me, it's as good as it sounds. Here's a little video of the band playing "Long Journey Home".




In news of note to those of you who follow Liverpool FC (that would include everyone who reads this blog obviously), the Reds posted a great win today in a match with Premiership newcomers Sunderland. Here's a video (sans commentary) showing match highlights, including goals from Momo Sissoko (his first for Liverpool) and Andriy Voronin. Great things are happening early in the campaign for the Reds.




Current Reading


Generation Kill: Devil Dogs, Iceman, Captain America and the New Face of American War by Evan Wright

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home