Saturday, November 11, 2006

Well, In the End My Friend, We Will All Be Together Again

Congratulations to my dear old Mom for correctly naming "The Pretender" by Jackson Browne as the Friday Song of the Day. I'm pretty sure that my Mom naming that song before my Dad is the biggest surprise in my life since I found out at 7 that the real-name of Michelle Tanner on Full House was not Mary Kate Ashley Olsen. I had no idea that Michelle was in fact two people. I was in second grade, give me a break.


Is it just me or do most SEC games feature trench warfare reminiscent of the First Battle of the Marne? (Not that I actually participated in World War I). I saw higher point totals on IQ tests in my kindergarten class than you see put up on scoreboards across the South on a typical Saturday.


I've been contemplating the past few days whether to go see Borat in the theater. I'm not really a big "in the theater" movie viewer so I usually only go when I have high, high hopes for a film. I was talking to Heath Huston this afternoon during the Florida v. South Carolina game, and he mentioned that he had gone with a bunch of people to see Borat last night. Of course I inquired about the film and he gave this response, "It's really funny, but go see it with people that you know well. (Insert name of female friend from ACU here) almost got up and walked out at one point."


Now that's what I'm talking about. A movie that just makes you squirm in your seat from the palpable awkwardness present in the theater during certain moments. The last movie that made me do the "I'm just checking my watch" maneuver was that awful love-making/cave rave scene during the second Matrix film.
Borat, I may be coming to visit after all.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

smokey's on the prowl

-Rasco

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

Borat is hilarious. ACU girls are uptight. Go see it already.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I went and saw it opening night, and I'm not uptight. But yeah -- if you thought the orgy scene in the second Matrix was an uncomfortable moment, just wait until you see Borat. It's insane. Insanely awesome. Just don't take a date.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

I apologize for my broad generalizations.

Many, many ACU girls are uptight. Some are not.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Justin said...

I'm thankful that my comment section can serve as a potential battleground for the Carlson siblings.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home