Monday, April 24, 2006

Mothers Tell Your Children Not to Do What I Have Done

Congrats to Mr. Ben Grant for correctly naming "Rocket Man" by Elton John as the Friday Song of the Day.

A Saturday night spent playing miniature golf and watching Homer Hiccolm and the Rocketboys at Play Faire Park is undoubtedly time well spent. I wanted to use whatever platform I have on this blog to promote Homer Hiccolm and the Rocketboys in their bid to play on the main stage at the Cornerstone Festival. Follow the instructions at their MySpace page to vote for HHRB at Cornerstone.

A few days ago I provided a link to an editorial in the NY Times advocating the re-instatement of a "peacetime" draft for the United States in the face of a possible conflict with Iran over their development of nuclear weapons. In today's Washington Post, former Kennedy advisor Arthur Schlesinger, Jr. provides a strong warning to the Bush Administration about a possible conflict with Iran based on the executive standard of "Be silent; I see it, if you don't."

I don't want to speak too soon, and I realize that they are only 10-9, but the Rangers have won 8 of their last 10 to move into a first-place tie in the American League West. My only hope is that one day I won't have to sound like a New England baseball fan a few years ago who said,"The Red Sox killed my father and now they're coming after me."

2 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

house of the rising sun by eric burton and the animals, DAD

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow, your dad is quick. Rangers are looking good, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home