Monday, January 23, 2006

You're Probably Dreaming that You're Flying

Congratulations to Mr. Daniel (or should I make the move to Dan?) Carlson for correctly naming Led Zeppelin's "Going to California" as the Song of the Day yesterday.

I got some great news yesterday. No, it has nothing to do with law school, although I will let everyone know when I hear from the schools. Instead, I received a call from Tommy Query at Wilderness Expeditions. For those of you who are familiar with the camp Wilderness Trek, Tommy and Kristi Query are the operators of the outfitting and guide service, Wilderness Expeditions, which provides staffing and outfitting for Wilderness Trek.
I worked at Trek during the summers of 2003 and 2004. Those were some of the best times of my life, but last summer I was not able to return to the mountains for the summer. Don't get me wrong, a summer in Abilene does not handle a candle to a summer in the Rockies, but the opportunity that I had last summer with the President's Office was one that only comes along once in a lifetime.

I am really looking forward to spending my time this next summer in some of the most beautiful spaces that God has created. It also doesn't hurt that I will be surrounded by great people who provide a fresh perspective on the grandeur of God's land that I often take for granted. One of the greatest experiences that I had while working at Trek happened when I was able to take a group from the Impact Church in Houston to the top of Mt. Ouray. Climbing a mountain is a unique experience in and of itself, but many of these kids had never seen snow before, let alone 14,000 ft. peaks that seemed to scrape the clouds out of the sky.
That is what I want this next summer. I want my eyes to reopened to God's creation to see with a fresh perspective just how awesome and vast a canvas that he has painted upon. The mountains are calling and I can't wait to go.

2 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

July 22-28, Grapevine Church of Christ, Pack and Paddle. mark it down and you better be our guide, fo reals.

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love MT. Ouray simply because it is easy to cheer yourself all the way to the top. Hip Hip Ouray!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home