Monday, January 9, 2006

Starin' at a Maple Leaf


"We may ignore, but we cannot evade, the presence of God. The world is crowded with him. He walks everywhere incognito. And the incognito is not always easy to penetrate. The real labor is to remember to attend."

Dr. Armand Nicholi

How many days do I sleep walk through? Like every college student, I enjoy my time off, but sometimes I slip into this way of living that sometimes makes me ashamed. It is important to take time to relax and unwind every once in a while, but too often when I do that I shut down and begin to forget to see the work of God going on all around me.

This is the work that life is made up of. To remember that in every day, whether I am at home taking it easy or running 90 to nothing at school, there are bigger forces at work in our world. This type of reflection and understanding does not require one to completely step away from all of the people and places that come before my eyes each day, but it does necessitate a shift in focus.

May your day be filled with reminders that God is closer than you might think.

1 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

chariot, gavin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home