Friday, January 6, 2006

In an Interstellar Burst, I'm Back to Save the Universe

For those of you who care, you probably already noticed that I've mixed things up a little bit 'round these parts. It's almost like remodeling your home without deciding on drapes or dealing with the minions of TLC.

It has been pointed out by Mr. Jeffrey Giddens that I had used "Harry Hood" very recently as the song of the day. Jeff, I apologize. Because of that I have gone back to the halycon days of the 90's for today's song of the day. Enjoy.

In one of the more random moments that I have had over Christmas break, I recently discovered the versatility of those who make their living in the field of TV voice-overs. I'm sure that all of you recognize the work of the guy who does the voice-overs for the Miller High Life commercials. If you don't, then this entire tangent probably does not make a lot of sense, but I'll continue undaunted nonetheless.

Anyway, my Dad and I were watching the news one night when a commercial paid for by those supporting Samuel Alito's nomination to the Supreme Court came on. I was not paying a great deal of attention, but suddenly the "voice" grabbed my attention. This was not just any voice. Usually this voice was exhorting me to live the "high life", but now I was supposed to call my senator to support Judge Alito's confirmation.

I'm not really sure how to react to this. What if "the guy" who always does Hollywood movie trailers or David Letterman's announcer suddenly showed up in a judicial confirmation commercial? Would I be able to take them seriously? I'm not sure that I could. Now I'm supposed to support Samuel Alito because he could go the highest court in the land to ensure the "high life" for all Americans? You're going to have to do better than that to convince me Sam.

2 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the High Life voice.

"Hat's off Noah. You're a better man than me."

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

duh, thats airbag

 

Post a Comment

<< Home