Thursday, January 5, 2006

You Can Feel Good About Hood

(Note: this post contains excessive praise of teams and individuals and some statements bordering closely on feelings that are sometimes called a "man-crush." With that said, read at your risk)

Congratulations to Mr. Heath Huston for correctly identifying "All Around the World" by Oasis as the most recent song of the day. Heath also wanted me to point out that I neglected to give him his due for also naming "Buffalo Soldier" by Bob Marley as another song of the day. Heath, I'm sorry, please accept my sincere regret.

I honestly do not even know what to write today. There are so many things running through my head that all of them seem somehow worthy of being written down in this space. As I was talking with Patrick this morning, I commented on how sports are much like Sing Song, very goofy, sometimes filled with elements that people on the outside would find incredibly bizarre, but ultimately a lot of fun.

In the past 24 hours, I have recieved the following messages from people who are normally individuals who are capable of rational thoughts and complete sentences. Here's a sample:

  • In Vince We Trust.
  • Sorry, Mr. President, but tonight the horns and their bandwagon "fans" will have a front to history. Trojans 41-21 and "3-peat" ICB
  • First of all, I think your friend Hutton is super confused. Second, EXACTLY 2 HOURS!!!!
  • um... I CANT BREATHE!! LAKDJGVLK;GAJDG;LKJADLKFJASLKDGH;
  • LAEKJGGALKDJFGLAKDJFASDLGJAKLRBVLAKJRELKAJDF!!!! im in love. with everyone. hook emawlkdjgfklasjdfgkljawdlk;g
  • Do you think we could get Vinsanity to come play for Team One next year? He maybe be the missing piece of the puzzle. Congrats. ICB
  • Best game ever! UT campus was crazy tonight, and will be even better tomorrow. Wish you could be here for this!!!
  • its 2:55 am and reggie bush still hasnt ever run for more than 100 yards on Texas... heisman, eh?... well the hiseman award definately goes to vy... i think after vy walks across lake travis he will soon learn how to catch his own passes so he can beat all the records in running, passing, and catching... light the tower orange... hook'em!
  • come celebrate in austin dude. this is OUT. OF. CONTROL.
  • I don't think Vince Young will ever have to pay for a meal in the state of Texas ever again.
  • Last night, i had a dream, i was all alone, in a desolite land, straving, dying.... and then, an angel came to be and said, "Follow me, for I will provide you everything" so the angel took me out of the land, and has he was leaving i asked, " are you Gaberial, Micheal, who are you angel"... he smiled and simiply said...."i am vince"

I almost feel like the Sports Guy with a "Yup, these are my readers" mailbag, but I was typing that same crazy, irrational stuff back to them. I am not sure if I have seen such a dominating performance from an individual in a long time, like the one that Vince delivered last night. On each offensive play for Texas, even though he went 30 of 40 last for 267 yards passing last night, my Dad was calling for a Vince keeper and who could blame him?

Playing against a team that was supposed to claim its place in history by winning their 3rd consecutive national title, Vince looked like he was back playing at Madison High in the 5A State Playoffs. After the game went off last night on ABC, I immediately switched over to ESPN. This really did not accomplish much because they were simply showing the same highlights from a game that I had just watched, but I could not turn off the TV.

I'm not really sure where the 'Horns go from here. They will still be loaded with talented players next year in order to defend their national title, but the question of what will happen to Vince still looms. After his performance last night, I'm not really sure what else if left besides coming back for a shot at the Heisman and another National Championship next year.

The critical factor in the entire discussion is the point that the Texans have the 1st pick in the 2006 Draft, who also happen to be Vince's hometown team. I'm not really sure how he could turn that possibility down if he does believe that he has the possibility of being drafted #1. We'll have to see what happens, but regardless, it's been a fun ride.

3 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

"Shall we Gather at the River" #759 in Songs of Faith and Praise

5 points!!!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

Mayhem all night long here in the 512.

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please dont tell me i have to name the quote from the same song of the last quote i named. change the playlist sucker. hook em.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home