Monday, July 18, 2005

You Said You'll Give Me A Highway With No One On It


I have a confession to make. I have read some of the Harry Potter books. That is not the confession though. To my dismay and great shame, I have read books #1 and #4 in the series. Now, I know that the Potter aficianados out there will be aghast at this heinous breach of Wizarding etiquette, but if anyone wants to supply me with the other four books that I have not read, I will be glad to again work my way through the world of Hogwarts.

There has been a bevy of articles lately looking into the Potter phenomenon and how it has the potential to turn a generation of kids who have the most choices in terms of entertainment and learning into a generation of readers. I realize that all it takes is one great book to make a person a passionate reader, but there need to be more authors out there who capitalize on the inroads that J.K. Rowling has made in order to retain the vast audience that has turned its attention to literature once again.

Current Listening: "Rattle and Hum" by U2.

A bunch of us went to go see "Wedding Crashers" last night. All in all a very funny movie with a good combo performance by Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn and a short cameo by a certain former SNL star that added to the joy. Everytime that I see Christopher Walken on the screen I keep expecting him to ask everyone for just a little more cowbell, but this time it was not to be from Bruce Dickenson.

4 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave is way better than ACL and Coldplay... hahaha

Love,
Keilah

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Lori said...

You mean to tell me that your roommate, one of the megafans, hasn't shared Harry Potter with you? Shame on Jonathan.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I have them all in both hardback and paperback. Yeah, that's right.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Justin said...

God bless you Sarah Carlson.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home