Tuesday, June 7, 2005

I'll Sing It One Last Time for You

In a world that is constantly changing, a world where we are continually bombarded with new messages, tragedies, and triumphs, one of the only ways that truly large scale change is accomplished is through the dedication of a devoted few.

One of the people who continues to speak and write about the value of human rights is NY Times columnis Nicholas Kristof. In this space I have provided many links to Mr. Kristof's columns because I believe that his writing makes a difference in our world. Due to the visibility that an Op-Ed columnist possesses at the Times, Mr. Kristof has the ability to reach a vast audience. I am very thankful that he has chosen to use that ability to speak out on issues that are obviously very close to his heart.

Today, he again focuses our attention on the genocide that is taking place in Darfur, Sudan. You can find a link to the piece here. Over the past week we talked a lot about vision and purpose for our lives and I don't think I can run away from what I think God has prepared for me. It seems that all of my conversations and thoughts return to the topics of justice and human rights. Those seem to be things that I become truly passionate about and ideas that I know would be worthy of my life's devotion.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scotty J-

Instead of asking yourself "how many licks would it take to get to a center of a tootsie roll pop", what if a worm was placed on top of a tootsie roll pop? How many wiggles would it take him/her to get to the center? THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!

Cole Griff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home