Friday, March 12, 2010

We May Race and We May Run, We'll Not Undo What Has Been Done

Part V (Luke's Response)

I think there is such a thing as intrinsic good. The very act of reading, for example, can be in and of itself good. That is to say, I think a man literally stuck alone on a deserted island can live a meaningful life. He can engage in behaviors that in and of themselves have value, and thereby live a meaningful life. In the real world, I probably agree with your balance idea. While a man can live a meaningful life as a hermit, the most meaningful life is probably shared with people.

Chris Seidman's talk this morning at Highland was about pride. One thing he basically said was pride was the root of satan's fall and the root of man's fall.

My question to you is related to pride. What are your thoughts on terms like 'selfishness' and 'self-esteem', etc? Keep in mind I'm reading Rand, who once wrote a book called "The Virtue of Selfishness" (which I've read), but I see pride in a different way now than I once did. Your thoughts? I'm leaving this is purposely vague.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home