Monday, October 19, 2009

We'll Find a Way Regardless to Make Some Sense Out of This Mess

As we get things started tonight, please give your warmest Running Down a Dream welcome to Katie and Kevan Kirksey, the sister and brother-in-law, and their new blog, creatively titled "The Kirkseys." Edgy, I know. Be sure to regularly check in with them for their adventures in the Rose City, reasons why galaxy really is a terrible organization, and interior design tips. Should be good times, folks.

I suppose I shouldn't go down the dangerous road of beginning to play the excuse game, but if there's one overriding reason that I haven't been writing consistently, it's because my internet service has been less reliable than an Afghani election (cue rimshot).

I've said it before in another forum, but here goes again: I would say that Comcast is the Khmer Rouge of cable companies, but I don't want to be unfair to the Khmer Rouge.
With that said, I'm going to soldier on, overcome these momentary setbacks, and do my very best (SCOUT'S HONOR. Psssst, I quit the Cub Scouts.) to get back on the proverbial blogging horse. Hopefully the previous sentence set the all-time record for mixed metaphors.

Current Reading

Can I Keep My Jersey: 11 Teams, 5 Countries, and 4 Years in My Life as a Basketball Vagabond by Paul Shirley

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger lance said...

Toldja Comcast sucks. Good book, btw, you'll enjoy it.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Prosso said...

What did you think of the Steve Martin autobio?

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Joseph,

I enjoyed the book. It's always interesting to get an insight into the process of someone's career, whether that is a comedian, a lawyer, a teacher, a doctor, a builder, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home