Tuesday, September 1, 2009

May I Inquire Discreetly

One of my favorite parts about starting work here in Houston has been the fact that I get to walk every day from the parking garage where I leave the Green Machine each morning to the SECOND TALLLEST BUILDING IN TEXAS (I thought that needed to be in all caps, and surely you agree) through the illustrious downtown Houston tunnel system.

It's not that I get that much of a thrill from walking below ground (although that might be some huge perk for people who admire moles or gophers), but it always seems like one of those places where you could see this scene from HEAT breaking out in front of you.

The bank on the tunnel level of the building has this giant vault with one of those huge rotating wheels on it, and both days I have gone up the escalator to the elevators on the ground floor, I kept expecting Val Kilmer, Tom Sizemore, and Robert De Niro to show up and start raising hell.
Who knows, my friends? Maybe that will be the special treat each and every Wednesday at THE SECOND TALLEST BUILDING IN TEXAS.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

I saw Robert Deniro last Thursday. No guns.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger ALV said...

Lovely Rita!!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Joseph,

You can't leave it at just that. We need more info on this De Niro encounter/sighting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home