Monday, October 12, 2009

You Fight for a Nickel, You Die for a Dime

Great news out of Abilene today as ACU rose to the #1 spot in Division II football rankings for the first time in program history.

With the news, I've noticed a strange correlation between my departure from a school and that school's subsequent success of the gridiron.



  • I graduated from Whitehouse High in 2002. As of my graduation, the Wildcats had made the playoffs once in 23 years. After my graduation, the Cats made the playoffs in 2006 and 2007 and are now no longer a laughingstock in the East Texas football discussion.

  • After graduating from ACU, the program made the D-II playoffs for the first time in 2006, had an undefeated regular season in 2008, and as stated earlier, has achieved the inaugural #1 ranking in school's history.

  • Baylor has....well, Baylor is still Baylor.
So, even though the Bears have yet to reap the full rewards of my matriculation, I think fans of the Green and Gold should get ready for some unprecedented success on the banks of the Brazos.

Any donations and gifts that you would like to send to yours truly would be greatly appreciated.


Current Reading

Londonistan by Melanie Phillips

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Tim Henderson said...

I still consider Whitehouse the laughingstock in East Texas football. :)

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Pope said...

I had the same effect on my high school team. The year after I left, they went to the state finals for the first time in forever. They got destroyed by Drew Brees and Austin Westlake.

Funny thing, the same thing hasn't happened since I left Baylor. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home