Friday, October 17, 2008

Can't Escape From the Common Rule

I'll have more to say tomorrow, but for now, I leave you with a TRE-MEN-DOUS performance of "The Ghost of Tom Joad" by Bruce Springsteen with a special appearance by Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello.

Speaking of Springsteen, a week or two ago, the NFL announced that Bruce and the E Street Band would be performing at Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa next year. It seems that since the Justin/Janet Wardrobe Malfunction in Houston a few years ago the NFL has decided to play it a little safer with halftime performers such as McCartney (2005), The Rolling Stones (2006), Prince (2007), and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (2008). I know, I never thought I would use the words "safe" and "Prince" in the same sentence either.

So, everyone, what are your thoughts on the choice of Bruuuuuuuuuce? Thumbs Up? Thumbs Down? Likely bathroom break?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

I vote for Britney or the Foo Fighters. Someone that people who watch the superbowl will like. Not some old guy. No one who is compared to Bob Dylan belongs at the Superbowl.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Joseph,

What kind of crazy juice are they serving you down there in Austin?

The Foo Fighters I can understand, but Britney?

I would rather have Joe Biden's hair plugs than watch Britney Spears at halftime of Super Bowl XLIII.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

Are you telling me that a country of drunk men aged 18-45 wouldn't be interested in watching Britney lip sync Womanizer in HD?

In the alternative, Timbaland + Pussycat Dolls.

Or a socially acceptable rap group like Outkast.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Justin said...

You have a point there, sir. I severely underestimated the "drunk American" demographic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home