Thursday, January 17, 2008

Little Darling, It Seems Like Years Since It's Been Clear

Congratulations to my Dad for correctly naming Jackson Browne's "The Barricades of Heaven" as the Tuesday Song of the Day, and to Mr. Jacob Straub, Chicago to you and me, for correctly naming "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" by The Band as the Wednesday Song of the Day.

I've written before that I will do whatever I can to brainwash my (non-existent) children to follow my favorite sports franchises, or in the parlance of Jerry Seinfeld, "Cheer for the same laundry", but I don't think I've ever thought about trying to do some like this.


"Upset that his 7-year-old son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey during the team's playoff victory Saturday, a man restrained the boy for an hour with tape and taped the jersey onto him. Matthew Kowald was cited for disorderly conduct in connection with the incident with his son at their home in Pardeeville, Lt. Wayne Smith of the Columbia County Sheriff's Department said. "


One would think that life would always be happy in a place called "Pardeeville", but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Also, a Patriots fan in Woburn, Massachusetts attempted to do the same thing to his son, but thankfully disaster was narrowly averted because Bill Belichick instructed a Pats assistant to tape the entire thing. (Ba-dum cha!)

Thanks, folks, and don't forget to tip your lovely waitresses.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger Austin said...

I know you might not be able to imagine it now, but being a father of nearly a month now I totally get where this guy is coming from. If Caleb ever refused to cheer for my favorite teams it would rip my heart out and I'd be tempted to get physical in forcing him to. I believe I'd be able to restrain myself but it would be mighty tough. Even worse would be if he chose to root for a rival team, however I put those thoughts out of my mind whenever Satan allows them to creep in.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger ALV said...

Here Comes the Sun (de de dee dee!), by The Beatles.

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you didn't know that I've actually been in Pardeeville Wisconsin. The people seemed very nice and rational but of course that was about 40 years ago. Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home