Friday, December 7, 2007

I Looked Like Someone I Used to Know

I'm not sure how many of you are fans of the folks over at Deadspin, but if you are not, I feel obligated to bring this fantastic piece of news to you.

Former Minnesota Vikings and Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green has filed an official trademark request with the United States Trademark and Patent Office for his immortal phrase: "They are who we thought they were."
If you are telling yourself that there is no way that you would wear a "They are Who We Thought They Were" emblazoned knitted cap, t-shirt, polo, golf cap, or jogging pant, you are obviously dealing with substantial self-honesty issues.

In case some of you have no idea what I am talking about, here is Green's press conference after the Cardinals' loss last season on Monday Night Football to the Monsters of the Midway, the Chicago Bears.

I'm pretty sure that Green is the last person that will ever get this fired up about losing to a team quarterbacked by the one and only Rex Grossman.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home