Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I May Talk in My Sleep Tonight

  • As I speculated a few days ago, the U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear the case of Heller v. District of Columbia on appeal from the D.C. Circuit Court. An exact date for oral argument has not been set, but this will be one of the most eagerly anticipated cases in recent years from our highest court.
  • There must be something about a 2007 Major League Baseball Most Valuable Player award that makes you lose in the first round of the playoffs. Alex Rodriguez was announced as the A.L. winner yesterday, and shortstop Jimmy Rollins of the Philadelphia Phillies won the award in the N.L. Then again, an N.L. MVP has not played on a World Series champion since Kirk Gibson with the Dodgers in '88, and an A.L. MVP has not featured on a team winning it all since Willie Hernandez with the Tigers in 1984.
  • Finally, I have been catching a ton of flack from friends and foes for my decision to wear the following shirt as a joke at a "Round-Up" themed Wilderness Trek fundraiser.
  • I'm pretty sure I do not need to direct you to my location in the photo, but for those of you who are a bit slow with context clues, I can be found on the left clad in garb that would bring a tear to the eye of Sam Houston, Stephen F. Austin, or anyone that possesses any indicia of fashion sense. I must reveal that the shirt was proffered to me as an opportunity to "stand out" at the event. I'll tell you this: It was all that and more.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Sammie said...

MVP is kind of like the Heisman for football - a sure sign that you'll lose the championship. That shirt brings a different reaction from me, but I'll spare you the details.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Bri said...

that shirt you wore deserves a comment on your blog, my first one ever... might i say that it was stinking amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home