Monday, November 19, 2007

If You've Never Stared Off Into the Distance, Then Your Life is a Shame

Congratulations to Ms. Villescas for correctly naming "Bring It On Home to Me" by Sam Cooke as the Sunday Song of the Day.

As I was talking to one of my friends this weekend about his upcoming 24th birthday, I stopped for a moment and thought, "I'm old enough to have friends that are 24? When did this happen?" I know that some of the older (I won't say old outright) readers of this blog may laugh at such a thought, but sometimes it seems like just a few days ago I was sitting there in Holloway Middle School working my way through 7th grade Texas History.

Despite that feeling that life is moving way too quickly, there are moments when I realize that there is still so much to see, do, and experience. On some level I understand exactly what Robin Williams means in Good Will Hunting when he describes the critical difference between knowledge and experience.




At 23, it's as if the entire world is waiting out there and I hear a small voice whispering, "Your move, Chief."



Current Reading


Miracle in the Andes: 72 Days on the Mountain and My Long Trek Home by Nando Parrado with Vince Rause

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

"And though I'll never forget your face, sometimes I can't remember my name."

Counting Crows, "Mrs. Potter's Lullaby." Adam Duritz sees Monica Potter in a movie, writes a great song, hooks up with her. What kind of universe allows that?

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

DC you just reminded me why I'm going to drop out and resume my once-promising music career.

Joey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home