Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sendin' All My Love Along the Wire

It seems that if Liverpool wants to return to the Champions League Final, they must play at much higher level than they did today in drawing 1-1 at FC Porto on Matchday Numero Uno for the 2007-2008 UEFA Champions League Final.I'm pretty sure I learned at an early age that a red card is what some people call "a big no-no", but apparently Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant forgot this characterization and decided he would like to be sent off with 30 minutes remaining in the match while his teammates were forced to fend off the greatest Portuguese rally since Magellan's shipmates blew that popsicle stand known as the Philippines.

With that said, I'm glad that I was not able to view the match on television, since I might not be able to write to you currently due to nervous nibbling on my cuticles. And to think, I choose to follow this team and tell myself it's fun.

On September 21, 2005, I expressed my disdain for the Times Select feature initiated by the New York Times, and it now seems that it only took two years for my displeasure to filter through the appropriate channels all the way to the office of publisher Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr. At midnight, Times Select is thankfully going the way of the DoDo and Michael Richard's public speaking career.

For goodness sake, even Thomas Friedman, one of the paper's most prominent columnists once said in an interview that "I hate it [Times Select]. It pains me enormously because it has cut me off from a lot of people, especially because I have a lot of people reading me overseas, like in India...I feel totally cut off from my audience." If Thomas Friedman hates it, who am I to stand in the way?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home