Sunday, September 16, 2007

Where They Can't Tempt Us With Their Lies

Congratulations to Mr. Dan Carlson for naming "Diamonds on the Inside" by Ben Harper as the Friday Song of the Day. I would like everyone to know that another recent Song of the Day winner (whose identity will be withheld) stated that the honor of winning such an illustrious contest is probably resume-worthy. I'm not really sure which job market would place a high value on winning inane contests on scarcely read blogs, but I do know this: That's the job market I need to learn more about.

The game last night between Southlake Carroll and Miami Northwestern was a great experience, but unfortunately for the Dragons, the team from the Sunshine State was just too strong and won the "Clash of Champions" by a final score of 29-21.

This loss was the first one for the Dragons in 50 games. The previous loss was a 1-point setback to Katy High School in the 2003 5A Division II State Championship which remains the only loss that the Dragons have suffered to a Texas opponent in the 5 years that they have inhabited the largest classification in the state. All in all, an 80-2 record with 4 State Championships in your first 5+ years in 5A is nothing to hang your head about, and I don't think Southlake will let this one get them down for too long.

I would provide you with my own photographic documentation of the event, but I seem to have left my camera in the car of friends that I rode to the game with, so those photos will be appearing at some point in the future.

Current Listening


All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone--Explosions in the Sky

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home