Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Nothing's Gonna Change, There's No Need to Complain

Congratulations to Mr. Ben Grant for correctly naming "Farmhouse" by Phish as the Tuesday Song of the Day.

I'll be back with more later, but I wanted to post a link to a new blog that I will be reading, so you should as well. Cris Carpenter is a friend of mine from ACU that just moved to Brazil in order to teach English through the Let's Start Talking Program. Cris was actually born in Brazil so her time in Natal will be a type of quasi-homecoming. I've also made sure that she will use her time in South America to recruit future stars for Liverpool. I know what you're thinking, and, yes, I should probably let people do the work of God without bringing in my personal allegiances, but it's a tough habit to break.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Cris said...

Love it. Thanks for the promo. Today on the way to lunch we drove past a house with two small naked boys running around, playing in a kiddie pool. I couldn't help but think that perhaps that's how Ronaldinho began his training...running around in the nude. I'll keep my eye on them to see if they're Liverpool material, in like 15 years. Got your back, JScott.

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teaching english is the work of God?

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Anonymous,

No, I don't think that teaching solely the English language is the work of God.

The Let's Start Talking program uses the Bible to teach the English language to those who have a desire to learn the Bible and the English language simultaneously.

Those who participate in the Let's Start Talking Program, such as Cris, have an opportunity to form meaningful relationships with their "students" while jointly reading the Bible.

I believe that is the work of God, without regard to the language being spoken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home