Friday, September 14, 2007

I Knew a Girl, Her Name was Truth, She Was a Horrible Liar

In the name of creativity and sheer self-promotion, I'm bringing you the inaugural "Fall Movies that I'm Excited About" list. I know, I know. The title leaves so much to be desired, but it's all I have right now.

I blame my current dearth of creativity on the fact that so many of the cases I'm reading this quarter deal with the dissolution of marriages, death, and business partners suing each other for anything and everything. I need some more cases where dance studios attempt to swindle old widows into exorbitantly priced dance lessons. Just look what law school has done to me.

Anyway, back to the list:

  • 3:10 to Yuma

  • We Own the Night

  • The Kingdom
  • American Gangster
  • Michael Clayton

  • No Country for Old Men
I know, it looks like the traditional run of blood, guns, and thrills, but it's been a long time since I've been this interested in a string of movies. I know that 3:10 to Yuma is already out (and is apparently excellent), but if anyone has any thoughts on the other movies on the list, I would love to hear them.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

"Diamonds on the Inside," Ben Harper.

I'm on the fence about We Own the Night, since it looks like a decent idea with some casting weaknesses (Eva Mendes).

I think The Kingdom definitely has potential, and Peter Berg is a good director, but I'm worried that Jason Bateman was cast in what will wind up being the "Jeff Daniels in Speed" role.

I'm all over Michael Clayton and American Gangster and No Country for Old Men.

Also, sorry to make a long comment even longer, but I think my favorite Zeppelin song is "I Can't Quit You Baby."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home