Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Believing in Yourself Almost as Much as You Doubt

Congratulations to both Ms. Stacey Villescas and my Dad for correctly naming "Back in the U.S.S.R." by The Beatles as the Monday Song of the Day.

What's that you say? You wonder why I mention my Dad when Stacey, a.k.a. ALV, was the only person who left a comment identifying "Back in the U.S.S.R."? Well, my Dad chose to give his answer via the telephone, which until this point was within the accepted method of communicating answers, along with carrier pigeons, smoke signals, and tin cans on a string.

But, upon further consideration, I've decided that in order to avoid any Bush v. Gore-type knockdown, dragout fights, I'm proposing the following rule, and since this is my blog, I rule by fiat and my word is law.

Henceforth, all answers, in order to be considered for the Song of the Day contest, must be submitted via the comment section of "Running Down a Dream."I will not accept answers in any other form, even if they are submitted by the people that brought me into this world. This is a blog of laws, not men or women.

Govern yourself accordingly.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

If anyone ever answers via smoke signal, I hope you issue some sort of fiat allowing it to count.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sister thought your new statute is heavy handed but I just thought it was funny! Of course I'm biased because I'm the other person that brought you into this world. See you Saturday. Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home