Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Takes The Wheel When I'm Seeing Double, Pays My Ticket When I Speed

Congratulations once again to Ms. Amanda Pierce for naming "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins as the Tuesday Song of the Day and to Mr. Tim Henderson and Mrs. Katrina Kincaid for naming "Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups as the bizarro Tuesday Song of the Day.

Finally, and within the 2008 Presidential campaign's finishing week, Barack Obama has given John McCain the type of bulletin board quote that would make campaign managers salivate.


The blunder, captured by all major media outlets and broadcast live on CNN, occurred when the typically polished Obama fielded a question about his health care policy. Obama answered by saying he would give small business owners a tax credit to help them provide health care for their employees, and then added, "Now, I'm not completely certain that my plan would work because, overall, I think I would make a bad president."

According to sources, before those on hand could fully process what Obama had said, the Illinois senator continued to stumble, claiming that, were he to win the general election, he'd have absolutely no idea what to do.

'I Would Make a Bad President,' Obama Says in Huge Campaign Blunder--The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, The Atlantic Monthly, The New Republic, The Onion

Senator McCain, the ball is in your court.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Tim Henderson said...

You do know that the Onion is satire?

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Tim,

We've had this conversation before, and yes, I know the Onion is satire.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Sugar Magnolia- THE Grateful Dead

Although, my favorite line in this song is "She's a summer love for spring, fall, and winter..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home