Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Less You Find Out as You Grow

For what it's worth (probably not much to some of you):
  • I was 1 for 2 yesterday on my picks for the final two squads to reach the Champions League knockout stages. Lyon (France) dismantled Glasgow Rangers today by the score of 3-0 to claim the second spot in Group E behind FC Barcelona, which defeated Stuttgart by the score of 3-1. In Group G, Fenerbahce (Turkey) secured its first ever appearance in the Final 16 of the Champions League by defeating CSKA Moscow 3-1 in Istanbul.
  • The draw for the Round of 16 will take place next Friday, December 21, at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. Don't forget to invite me to your "Round of 16 Draw" parties.
  • The always interesting Malcolm Gladwell on the controversial debate over the relationship between I.Q. and race in the latest issue of The New Yorker.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

Thanks for the Gladwell article. Does he have anything about IQs of QBs who have a 9 to 1 TD to interception ratio?

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Joey,

I think Tom's upset that you had to quit fanning him with a palm branch to make that comment.

Their day is coming, my friend.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

city of blinding lights. u2. tuegel. ynwa.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

That day is February 3rd, 2008.

The upside of the palm branch is that it wafts that musky scent of Stetson in my direction. Stetson, and greatness.

Has ynwa replaced icb? I'm worried.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home