Monday, April 3, 2006

I'm Lucky This Far, Maybe It's Karma

Well, I suppose it happens a lot these days in professional sports, but it's hard when your team trades "your guy". For my favorite pro-team, the Texas Rangers, outfielder David Dellucci was my guy. I say he was "my guy" because the Rangers traded Dellucci to the Phillies on Monday.
Sensing that part of following your favorite team is having a player that you rally behind and support without question, I began to search for a new "my guy". Some of my friends suggested the ever-lovable Kevin Mench, others offered the slugging Mark Teixiera, but I settled on another. I decided to follow the loyalty of my most recent Rangers paraphanelia purchase by going with third baseman Hank Blalock.
We'll see how Hank performs this season under the immense pressure of being "my guy", but I think he'll do alright.

3 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed that a citizen of South America visited your site...congratulations are in order about now...CONGRATULATIONS!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Erin,

Unless I am receiving attention for my fantastic soccer skills from someone in Uruguay, I would probably say that it was someone involved with the Study Abroad program in Montevideo, but you never know.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

first, Delluci and David Wilson are like freakin' twins...uncanny resemblence.

second, part of the Ranger's trade over the weekend brought in Hank's brother Jake to the organization. so it's only fitting he's your new guy...

what a great sports day it was yesterday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home