Wednesday, March 8, 2006

I Move to Where They Hoped I'd Be

Congratulations to Ms. Heather Norman for correctly naming "Meaning" by Gavin DeGraw as the Tuesday Song of the Day.
I was talking to someone earlier today about the Enron trial and they mentioned that I might want to check out the documentary Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room. If any of you out there have seen the film and think that I will respect your opinion regarding movies (this means you Daniel) I would appreciate knowing what you thought about this movie.

I realize that it lost to March of the Penguins for best documentary at the Oscars, but I'm convinced that was solely because the director and producers of MOTP carried around those big, stuffed penguins during the entire ceremony.
Just imagine if the directors of the Enron film had carried around big, stuffed figures of Ken Lay, Jeff Skilling, and Andrew Fastow. Wait, don't imagine that. I'm sorry.

Come on Hillary. Who are you really fooling? At this point, it looks like Hillary vs. John Edwards for the Democratic nomination, but you never know when a Howard Dean-like figure is going to come out of the woodwork to shake up the primary season. On the Republican side of the street, it appears that John McCain is the leading figure to replace President Bush as the G.O.P. nominee for the White House, but there is probably a reason that I do not get paid to forecast these things.

I really can't wait to read this in 24 months to see that I was ridiculously confused in my forecast, but hey, if we can't have some freedom to take chances in prognostication then I would have never even thought to go out on a limb by saying that the movie Gigli would fail miserably. What? That actually happened? Barry Bonds actually took steroids? Liza Minelli and David Gest didn't stay married? Well, maybe this will turn out better than I thought.

2 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blog. How are the LS acceptances coming? "Heavy Things" - Phish.
-Ben Grant

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

Unfortunately, I haven't seen Enron yet, though it's on the list, with what feels like a million other things. I've heard it's good; how can you go wrong with Southern greed?

I wasn't surprised that March of the Penguins won, but I was rooting for Murderball. That's an amazing movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home