Wednesday, March 24, 2010

They'll Kill Him With Self Confidence After Poisoning Him With Words

Part XV (Luke's Response)

Well certainly church must be effected. And must adapt. And perhaps in a way it never has before. Since the curve of technology development is exponential, and technology is what we're dealing with, it stands to reason that history hasn't seen us need to make this jump before.

There's a cynical view that church will become more techo-ish and lose a certain human element, but I'm more hopeful. I imagine community being enriched by technology, not necessarily weakened. But effort is probably the key, as you've said.

It's interesting how some church congregations have adapted already. A few months ago I went to Austin Stone with Girod. And of course I tweeted about it. Within the hour, @TheAustinStone had tweeted back to me following up on my experience. They asked if I wanted more info., they asked how my visit was, they welcomed me. All in 140 characters. It's this type of adaptation that I imagine churches making to reach this new kind of community. And perhaps it's because I'm of this "attention span of a gibbon with ADHD" generation, but for the most part, I'm cool with it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home